Enterprise for Success is delivered by Blue Orchid Enterprise Solutions Ltd
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and we fully intend to comply with our statutory duty under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA)
The only time information (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998, herein ‘DPA’) will be collected is when you use our Service or choose to register your details with our website. The information we collect and how we process it is detailed further in this policy.
When you submit data to us we will only hold the information you provide to us for as long as necessary and this information will only be processed fairly and lawfully in line with the DPA. All employees who have access to your personal data, and are authorised with the handling of that data, are obliged to respect your rights as set out in the DPA principles.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure or loss, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect through our Service.
You may ask for a copy of any information that we may hold about you; for further information, please see our Data Subject Access Request Policy.
Links to other websites
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2017
Data Handling Policy
Any personal information that you provide will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Information collected will be captured in the following ways:
- Inbound calls to the Business Support Helpline
- Registration and form filling by you on the Website
- Signed application forms and event enrolment forms
- Inbound and Outbound calls made to and from Blue Orchid
Information that we collect and what we do with it.
Information We Collect:
- Company / Organisation Name
- Company Position
- Demographic Information
- Email Address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Trading Status / Business Ownership
- Business Size Information
- Business Sector
- Business Activity
- Business Registration
- Your interaction with the service i.e. your query, conversation and any outcome
How We Use Your Information:
We will not sell, lease or disclose your information to ‘third parties’ (defined as entities outside of the auspices of the Enterprise for Success Service) unless we are required by law to do so. We may share your information with our immediate delivery partners, and may further use your data to send you information about third parties, additional services or consultancy which we think you may find useful to you and your business but only where you consent to your information being used for this purpose. You will always be able to opt-out of receiving marketing messages by contacting the Service and requesting that such marketing ceases.
We may use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- facilitate the delivery and management of business support services to small to medium-sized enterprises (SME) and individuals wishing to start a business
- provide evidence of contractual performance to the funding bodies of the Enterprise for Success Service provision
- allow SME’s and individual’s that have used the services to be contacted about their satisfaction with the services provided to them;
- Internal record keeping
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, services and special offers that we think may be of relevance to you.
- We may also contact you by phone, post or email for market research purposes. We will use this information to assist in customizing our website to the needs of SMEs.
What are cookies?
We want to make our online services easy, useful and reliable and this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, whether it’s a computer, tablet or mobile phone. These small text files are known as cookies and cannot be used to identify you personally.
We categorise these cookies based on how they may affect your privacy. By using our site you consent to us sending you ‘Exempt’ and ‘Minimally Intrusive’ cookies.
Do cookies allow Blue Orchid to see what I am doing online?
We cannot obtain information about who you are from this monitoring, just our audience behaviours and trends in that data. We use cookie information to monitor traffic, for example, numbers of visitors to a web page and where they go.
Examples of where cookies are used on our website include
- Analytics – we anonymously measure your use of this website so that we can improve your experience;
- Social media – Facebook, Twitter and other social websites need to know who you are to work properly. This is for people who click the Facebook like and share buttons or Tweet this buttons from Twitter.
How do I change my cookie settings or remove cookies?
If you are concerned about cookies you can change the settings on your computer to refuse them.
The website http://aboutcookies.org offers comprehensive information as to how you can control cookies.
Please contact us using the following methods, providing as much detail as possible and including a postal address, email address and contact telephone number;
Write to: Enterprise for Success, C/O Blue Orchid 4th Floor, Compton House, 18 School Lane, Liverpool L1 3FH
Most complaints tend to arise as a result of a misunderstanding and so can usually be resolved on a first contact basis. We aim to respond to your complaint within 5 working days of you alerting us to the problem.
If we receive no further communication from you after 7 days of our response to your complaint being issued then we will assume that the issue has been resolved.
However, if you are dissatisfied with our response to the complaint then you can appeal
If you are not satisfied with the response to your complaint then you can appeal to
Heather Hayes – Managing Director
Enterprise for Success, C/O Blue Orchid 4th Floor, Compton House, 18 School Lane, Liverpool L1 3FH
Tel 0151 284 7728
Your complaint will be reviewed and a response issued within 14 Calendar days.
If you are still not satisfied with the response to your complaint then you can raise your concern with Frances Hall, GBSLEP Enterprise Programme Coordinator, Economic Development & Regeneration
Solihull MBC, P O Box 18, Council House, Solihull B91 9QS
Tel: 0121 704 6151