Make 2020 your best year ever!
How many times do you find yourself thinking or saying that you’re going to make this year different?
- “I want to be my own boss”
- “I’ve a great idea but don’t know how to take it to market”
- “I know I can make a go of a business but don’t know where to start”
- “I’ve never written a business plan!”
- “I’m not a business magnate; what do I know about running a business?”
- “I’m confused by all the legal-speak, HMRC and things like cashflow, pricing and profit”
- “I want to be in control of my own future”
Any of this sound familiar?
If so, and you live or will base your business in Solihull, Wyre Forest, Bromsgrove, Redditch, East Staffordshire, Cannock, Lichfield, Tamworth, then we can help. Along with our team of specialist, experienced business advisers, we’ll hold your hand as you take your first steps into the world of business.
Enterprise For Success is a new project to encourage new business start-ups and to help young businesses grow and thrive. The programme is funded by partners of the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership (GBSLEP) and part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund. The programme provides access to FREE business support delivered by Blue Orchid and combines business workshops with individual, personal business advice sessions.
There is always a schedule of events in your area during which your Blue Orchid adviser will guide you through a range of topics that will answer your list of questions, including:
- The Start up Master Class – a detailed and interactive workshop detailing all of the key areas you need to consider when starting a business
- How to utilise Social Media to generate new business and clients
- A range of financial workshops – including Cash Flow Management, Access to Finance, Booking Keeping
- Marketing Strategies – a range of workshops at varying lengths including the hugely popular “Its a Marketing Knockout” and “Monkey Marketing”
- GDPR – understanding your liabilities as a new business owner
Why are we doing this?
New businesses are the lifeblood of the economy. People like YOU who start businesses contribute enormously to economic growth. What’s more, the well-being and sense of freedom that many business owners feel is tremendous. No, it’s not the easiest option, but with the right help and guidance, it’s not as difficult as you might think. We want to help people in East Staffordshire, Tamworth, Lichfield, Cannock, Solihull, Wyre Forest, Bromsgrove or Redditch to succeed in their new enterprise and reap the benefits of being their own boss.
Is it for me?
Well, if you’ve ever said or thought any of those statements at the top of the page, such as I want to be my own boss, or I’ve got a great idea for a business, or How do I make a living out of my hobby?, then you’re probably ready to explore the possibility of starting your own business. Maybe you’ve been made redundant; perhaps you work part-time; you could be a stay-at-home parent; you might have retired from your job but have too much energy to retire from the workplace; you could have a burning desire to plough your own furrow; you could simply be frustrated in your day-to-day routine; or you could be unemployed / between jobs. If you can devote the time to invest in your own future, then we’ll help you on your way, giving you the practical tools and confidence to succeed.
What do I get?
First, we’ll chat through a few details with you once you’ve submitted an enquiry. Alternatively, you can call us on 0121 516 0330 and get the ball rolling today. Once we’ve established you’re eligible and that you qualify for the programme (this should only take a few minutes) we’ll enrol you into our programme where you’ll receive:
A FREE two-day Start up Masterclass- this course is aimed at people who are considering, or have taken some steps towards, starting up in business. It covers all aspects of setting up a business – from getting the right mind set to basic financial control techniques, market research and writing a business plan. Workshops are delivered on a weekly basis across all district areas.
- Direct 1-2-1 support from our experts up to the point where you start your new business
- Events information
- Networking opportunities with other people like YOU and fellow business leaders
- Fact sheets and tips for starting & growing your business
- Online resources
- Social media communities information
- Signposting to additional support and organisations in your area
- Tips on how to research, sell, market and finance your idea
In fact, everything you need to start and grow your new business!
Aghh! I don’t know how to write business plans or do cashflow projections! It’s scary!
Don’t panic! That’s where we come in. We’ve written thousands and we’ll work with you to show you how you can bring your ideas to life and create your new business in a way that works for you. We’ll give you help with sales, marketing, social media, HMRC registration, legal aspects, finance issues and operations. Furthermore, because we’re well connected in your community, we’ll put you in touch with other support organisations such as your local Growth Hub 0800 032 3488 / www.gbslepgrowthhub.co.uk that can help you get your business off the ground.
We’ll also help you with practical advice that will keep you focused and on track as you embark on your new journey into business. Ready to Enterprise Yourself? Then click here
Who are you and what qualifies you to help me?
We are Blue Orchid, an organisation dedicated to supporting new and existing British businesses. In fact, we’ve helped thousands companies to start or grow since 2001. We’re a private business ourselves, so we understand what it’s like to build a business from scratch. We work with highly experienced advisers who also run their own businesses, so you can be sure that your personal adviser will empathise with whatever you’re feeling and experiencing. We’re proud to be working with the Greater Birmingham & Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership and the European Regional Development Programme in association with Birmingham City University, The Prince’s Trust and The Library of Birmingham to bring you this support.